Monday, November 24, 2008

Breaking all my Rules....

Ok so I absolutely LOVE Christmas!  But I have weird thing about starting Christmas before Thanksgiving.  I refuse to put in my Christmas CD's of turn on any radio stations that listen to Christmas music until the Friday after.   Then its game on.  Well Saturday Jason suggested we make a gingerbread house (I had mentioned I wanted to do it)  I know we will have other opportunities to make them with a couple different groups of friends but I still couldnt help myself I said yes.  So we got candy, frosting, graham crackers and went to town.  Jason's sister Lisa and her friend Chelsea stopped by and helped.  Our friend Austin also popped in a helped a little.  It was so much fun and I was so proud of our house!
This is the christmas tree in the backyard.... made all our of frosting.  Jason made that since me and Chelsea both tried to squeeze that stupid green frosting out but it was too hard.
This picture doesn't even do it justice.  This house was soo good.  Two story.  graham cracker entry way, open door, noo glue completely edible.  amazing.

4 comments:

joyous said...

DANG!!! That house rocks! What a fun thing to do, I have to say I'm super impressed...two stories and everything. So when are you going to eat it?

It's been hard this season because Thanksgiving is so late! I actually put away my Thanksgiving decorations this week and might get out Christmas before we come down to Mom's.

Shannon said...

That is so impressive! I love the roof. I just want to gobble it up. That sounds like so much fun. I haven't made a gingerbread house in years. I can't wait to start decorating and listening to Christmas music!

Anonymous said...

O.K. I finally got to see you blog. It was kind of stuck on the old blog, but Joy showed me how to refresh it so it worked again. I love the gingerbread house. Too bad you gave it away and "blew up" the other part (weirdos). Merry Christmas to you!!

Tasha said...

I am TOTALLY impressed!! What kind of frosting did you use? Just regular from a can? I love it! What a fun idea too. We plan to do gingerbread houses for FHE one of these next two weeks. I don't think ours will turn out quite so well.