Monday, November 17, 2008

Fire! Fire! Fire!

This weekend was soo weird, mainly because of all of the Southern California fires.  Saturday there was one in Brea and Yorba Linda which caused for a lot of smoke and ash in Fullerton.  It continued into Sunday and Monday.  The fires have moved through Carbon canyon (still there) and into Chino Hills and Diamond Bar.  Saturday Night we were suppose to go to an Austism Benefit in Chino Hills that Ashlee's family puts on every year.  She left at 4:30 to try and find a way to get over there...  at 7:30 she gave up after only making it 10 miles.  Then Sunday we only had sacrament meeting since there were many people in our ward who were evacuated from their houses.  That night Jason and Austin came over for dinner, and after dinner we decided to drive around to see if we can see any of the fires still.  We went to Yorba Linda and I was driving through a random neighborhood just trying to get to the top of a hill and suddenly we noticed random houses burnt to the ground.  It was so crazy how one house would be completely destroyed and then the one next to it was fine.  Anyways I hope the fires start to slow down and that everyone is staying safe.  I am pretty sure everyone in our area is pretty much good now...
Picture from the 91 freeway....

I stole this picture from my friend Ryan.  He took this from his backyard in Yorba Linda

5 comments:

Shannon said...

So crazy. We have never had fires this close to us before. Ok, I'm not even there, but seeing where they are and the smoke everywhere is so weird. I'm glad that you are fine and that things seem to be getting under control. I miss you tons. Any updates on a UT trip? Love ya!

Tasha said...

SO so sad!! I feel so bad for all these family's who have lots homes.

joyous said...

That is scary. When I heard the areas on the news, I was nervous for you. I'm glad you were safe though.

joyous said...

Shopoholic is coming out in February!! Did you know they were making a movie from it?? The trailer looks pretty fun!

Amy said...

That is a scary picture! I'm glad you are all Okay though.