Monday, June 14, 2010

monday, monday

I work the early shift on Monday mornings, from 6am-noon. Its rough getting up so early but I enjoy having the rest of my day free. I always make a list of a bunch of things I plan to get done for the day but sometimes end up coming home, maybe starting laundry then falling asleep to make up for the couple hours of sleep the night before. My goal the past couple weeks have been to really use my monday afternoons. So today I did!

After work I drove over to Fullerton College to talk to a counselor. It has been about 4 or so years since I have been in school, and I am WAY overdue to go back. I am finally motivated and excited about it too. After talking to the counselor I realized exactly how much I have left to do. I am basically starting at the beginning. Oh well. I want to kick myself for my first few lazy and unmotivated semesters at Cypress, but whats done is done and now I have to deal with the consequences. I really liked my counselor and plan on making appointments with him through out the next semesters.

I then went home, ordered a memory foam matress pad from walmart. I havent been sleeping really well lately and my bed is pretty hard, so i am hoping this will help with my headaches, back aches and sleep. I am also going to invest in some new pillows. Hopefully that will help!

The rest of the afternoon has been spent taking care of random things that were on my list and in a couple hours Kurt and I are going to head to downtown disney to get coloring books for my nephews and a birthday present for my niece Rachel. Lizzie's birthday present came in the mail today and I am super excited to give it to her!

I hope everyone else's monday has been good!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That sounds like a very productive Monday! I didn't know you were planning on going back to school. That's kind of exciting. :)

I can't wait to see what coloring books you find for the boys! I'm sure they will love them. What did you get Lizzie? Aren't little kid birthdays fun to shop for? They are so happy with just about anything still. Have a good rest of the week! Love you!

joyous said...

Thanks for calling me too!! I'm excited for Lizzie's birthday and going to wrap her presents tonight after she goes to bed so I can torture her for two whole days!!! Ahhh, it's good to be the mom. :) See ya Saturday!

Whitney and Blake said...

If I had to wake up that early I would have to nap, but way to go at getting so much stuff done! I think you will love a memory mattress! We even got ours from Wal Mart too and it's great! I think that nice pillows are also very helpful too!

Mom said...

I think I like that GOING BACK TO SCHOOL part the best of your day!! Remember our deal. . .out to lunch at mid-terms ;-) By the way, Joy's really excited about your new memory foam mattress cover. . .just for the record! Love you!!

sara said...

I wish I had a memory foam mattress pad. My sister-in-law has one on her guest bed and I LOVE sleeping on it! How often do you get a good nights sleep when you're at someone else's house - NOT OFTEN! So I'm excited for you. Also, I love that you finally got some things done you wanted too instead of taking a nap. I always have grand ol' plans for when I come home from work and they rarely pan out. I get so excited when they do though and it sounds like you had a productive afternoon!

The Curnow Family said...

Back to school, Join the club!! ha it will be worth it, maybe take it easy the first semester to help get back into it! I'm glad I started back at 6 credits especially while working 40 hrs. I love being productive too, I really like making lists, because I love crossing things off!!