Friday, June 11, 2010

Lately

I feel like I have been really busy lately... but when I think back on what I have been up too the past couple weeks its really not much. I made sure I went to Disneyland a couple times since my pass expired yesterday. I plan on renewing it but prob not til the end of summer. I really dont like going during the summer months when its really crowded and hot. By the end of the day too many people close to you in line have B.O., so I tend to wait until fall again to enjoy disneyland. The picture above is Kurt enjoying his two churros at Disneyland. Yes two. He never thinks one is enough.

I have been working a lot!! I forgot how much I love my job during summer. It gets super busy and a 10 hour day passes suprisingly fast. My friend Ashlee was hired to work a couple days a week to make a little extra money on the days she isn't doing hair. She has had 3 days of training the past two weeks and I think she is already getting overwhelmed between the two jobs so we will see if she stays or not. My boss Chris had me train her. Training in the resturant was kinda stressful, since I was training on 2 of my really busy days. My last Saturday I was able to train her on the beverage cart. It was a lot of fun to have company while driving around the course.
This is us at the end of the day feeling gross and wind blown. Below is the beginning of the day
My mom's birthday was yesterday!! She had a pretty busy work day but we were able get lunch together. I took her to Alicia's which is always a yummy treat. Seriously its my favorite little cafe in Brea. She then went back to school and I went and ran errands. I was at the mall that afternoon and decided to stop in the pet store cuz its always fun to look at the puppies. There was a Papillon dog. So i asked if i could hold him. Chloe is part papillon and [art chiwuawua so I wanted to see the difference between this dog and chloe. It was such a sweet little guy, and reminded me soo much of Chloe. I think she is mainly Papillon. The main difference was the size. this dog was 7.5 lbs. at 3 months old and Chloe is 4.5 lbs. full grown. Later that afternoon I took my mom to the pet store to check him out too. We also got my mom her free baskin robins ice cream for her birthday. That night my dad my taco salad and me kurt and my parents had dinner, open presents, ate cake and played games. All in all I think she had a great day! I know I had fun celebrating with her!
My mom and Chloe. Chloe seems to like to cuddle up to my mom every night, and gets upset if my mom is busy working and doesn't have a free lap for Chloe to curl up in.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I think it's awesome that Kurt always has to have 2 churros. They are just that good.

How fun that you got to take Mom to Alicia's for her birthday. I haven't been there in years but it sounds so good. Mmm. I am just hungry today but nothing in my house sounds good. Anyway, yay for Mom's happy birthday. Miss you!

Tasha said...

I don't know, you sound busy to me!! Sounds like work is busy and life. Fun you went to Disneyland so many times. I {heart} disneyland! And yeah for celebrating your Mom's birthday with her :) Such a good daughter. Happy Birthday Aunt Betsy. Love you!!

joyous said...

Yum!! We shared a churro at Costco last time. Half a churro was DEFINITELY not enough! Glad you're working lots these days, since work=$$$, that can't be bad. Can't wait to see you next month...sometime.

Whitney and Blake said...

Sounds like you've been having lots of fun! It's been way too long since I have been to Disneyland :( but I know what you mean about going during the summer. It makes it kinda miserable when there are so many people, especially when they have B.O.
It looks like you guys had lots of fun on your mom's birthday too! I've never been to Alicia's but I might have to try it next time we are around! Birthdays are always so fun.
And I don't blame him for having to get 2 churros-they are amazing! They are Blake and my favorite treat!

Mom said...

Thanks for making my B-day so fun and SPECIAL. (I'm into capitalizing!!) Yes, you are so busy going to Disneyland. . .busy, busy, busy girl ;-) I'm glad works picking up so you can save (literally) for a rainy day. Tell Kurt that if Charleston Chews comes in twos, I certainly don't see why churros shouldn't come in two also!!