Sunday, April 18, 2010

Getting High



Saturday night Kurt, Robin and I went and rode the big balloon at the great Park in Irvine. I have seen this balloon in the air on my way either to or from work and have been wanting to ride it for some time now. Kurt and I have tried to go seriously 5 times now. It was finally a success. We got there and went to register and the girl working was kinda of a brat, she told it would be 2 hours and they were expecting a marine layer at about that time so the chances of the balloon not flying were actually pretty high. We decided to try for it anyway so filled out the paper work. When we went to turn it in for a pager the guy told us it would be about an hour. Much better. We passed some time by walking around the park area, but that lasted 20 mins. Kurt then remembered he had bananagrams in his car so we played that until our pager when off. It was a lot of fun, and I am glad I was finally able to get up there!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

That is so cool!!!! You are seriously so fun. Glad you finally got to do it.

joyous said...

What?!!? No pictures from the sky?!? I don't believe you actually went up. I think you just took pictures in front of the balloon on the ground. Quit trying to make it sound like you lead this fun life and do these fun things. ;)

I do believe that you played bananagrams though. I think Jim and I might have to play tonight...

Mom said...

I'm so glad you finally got your balloon ride ;-) What happened to Robin's date. . .Paul? Poor Robin had to hang out with you two. J/K

Shannon said...

That does look cool. I'm bummed we didn't get to go with you when we were there, but I am glad that it finally worked out. Good thing you had bananagrams to pass the time. :)

sara said...

Awesome!!!! So lucky! I serisouly want to ride in a hot air balloon someday, and is pretty close to it. I'm glad you stuck through the wait :).