Thursday, February 25, 2010

Starting New

All right so I am aware I have been the world's worst blogger. But I am putting all of that behind me and starting new. So beware.

Just a quick update on my life.

I am living back at home with the world's 2 best roommates. So many thing I enjoy about living at home but a few things I miss about being on my own. Right now living at home outweighs living on my own by far so whenever I feel annoyed or like a 16 year old again I quickly remember how lucky I am that I was about to come home in the first place.

I am dating the best guy ever. His name is Kurt, we have been friends for many years before we started dating. Things are good and I am happy.

I also have realized that I need to work on finding hobbies. I started thinking of things I enjoy doing or want to start doing and the 2 main ones are baking and piano. I am still working on getting back into the habbit of just thinking about going to the piano on my spare time but I have enjoyed the times I have. Its sad to me how much I have forgotten. I can sightread some right handed stuff but my left hand is hopeless. *sigh* I guess I need to just start playing when my mom is around. As for the baking, I have never been big on baking before, but lately I have found myself making cookies for fun and really enjoying sharing them with friends. I am really excited because I am going to sign up for a cake decorating class. Its something I really want to do so I am finally going for it. I am starting with a basic 4 week class through michael's.

I have discovered an obsession with Hummas. Random I know but lately its all I ever feel like.

I am excited to start blogging again- I have missed you all.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray! I have missed you too. I feel like I never know what the heck is happening in your life. That's a cute picture of you and Kurt. I'm excited to get to hang out with the two of you soon. Wahoo for baking too. I have a few really great cookie recipes if you're interested. I love baking.

As for piano . . . it's amazing how much you forget if you don't play, but it will come back to you. Sit down with the hymn book every once in awhile and just pick a song or two to play through a few times. Go back to the beginning and play each hand separate. All that stuff. I'm glad that you are getting back into it. I love just sitting down at the piano and playing. I'm not great, but since I've been playing on a more regular basis for primary I'm getting better. I love you tons and am looking forward to your new and improved blogging!!!

Tasha said...

And we have missed you Miss Jules!!! Yeah to have you back :) yeah for finding fun hobbies! Yeah for a cute guy to date! Yeah that I even have met him! Yeah yeah yeah!!!

joyous said...

Wohoo!!! Good to see you back in the blogging world, my cute sister. Kurt looks funny in his pic, but not as funny as your mustache pic. Nice.

Have fun with your new hobbies and don't forget Turbo Jam! I did it for the first time with the gloves today. Only got halfway before I had to take them off, but very fun. I love you tons and Rachel asks for you all the time (and B and Bompa too)!!!

Kyle and Jillian said...

Such a cute picture! Good luck on piano and baking. Will you share the cake decorating tips you learn? I've wanted to take a class like that for a while. I have quite a few of the tips, but I don't really know what to do with all of them. See you in May!

sara said...

Fun to come on here and see not one but 3 new posts! I liked that!! :) It sounds like a lot of fun things are going on in your world! Yeah!