Monday, February 16, 2009

Chloe and High Valley

We were hanging out at the apartment and I looked over and found her asleep like this... she had been playing with my boots and I think it wore her out.
I like this picture because it gives you an idea on how small she is.


My mom helped me give Chloe her first bath.... then she shivered in her arms for the next 20 mins... poor thing. (I think she was playing it up a lot too.) After her bath she was extra fluffy and clean... super cute!

After her bath... Chloe LOVES grandma... I swear all she does whenever we are over here is sleep on her lap. I think mom is ok with it ;)



Its been awhile since I have updated my blog simply because I am no longer constantly around a computer. Last Tuesday I was laid off at High Valley. I cant say I didnt really see it coming since construction is REALLY slow right now and we werent doing that good. But I was bummed. I grew to love my co-workers and will miss being around them everyday. I called Jason when I was driving home that morning and let him know and he asked if he could come over that night. When he got to my apartment he had me turn around cuz he had a suprise for me. I had an idea that he MIGHT be getting me a puppy for Valentines day but he brought her over early to cheer me up. It worked. I named her Chloe. She's a pomeranian Chuwuawua mix and is absolutely adorable. She's 9 weeks old now and weighs 1.33 pounds (the lady at petco weighed her today) She will probably only get about 4 pounds. I would be lying if I said it was super easy all the time... I first tried house training but I think tonight jason and I are going to get a crate for her and start with crate training cuz I felt like a new mother... waking up a couple times in the night to go to the bathroom with her... then early in the morning cuz she was up and wanting to play. But I love her :)

6 comments:

joyous said...

She is quite adorable....and that's what makes it all worth it in the end. I'm sorry again about your job, it's a bummer. But you know something good will come along, or maybe you'll go find it somewhere else?!?! We'll see ya soon.

Tasha said...

such a cute puppy! I bet your neices are going to fall in love with her too. I am glad you were cheered up on a bad day. Sad you got layed off. This is a bad time job wise. I am sad for you because I could tell you really did love this job.

Shannon said...

SUCH a bummer about your job. I'm sure that things will work out though. Chloe is so cute and tiny. I think it's funny that Mom loves her so much. :) Anyway we cannot wait to come and play with you and that little dog. I thought it was funny that you mentioned feeling like a new mom. I have a theory about dogs and young children. We will see you in a few days.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that new puppy, too ... I've learned that puppies are better than kids and almost as great as grandchildren!
Love, Auntie B

Jessica said...

I saw that mom!!

Natalie said...

What a cute little puppy. Not a surprise that your mom likes holding her. She is a sucker for babies. Welcome to motherhood, if only I could leave my kids outside all day tied to a leash.....J/K
Miss you!