Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Earthquake

I honestly was shocked how much it broke my heart that I missed out on the earthquake rumble.  I was driving and must have thought I was driving on a bumpy road or something. I would have thought I would have felt something but I guess not.  Anyway I was the first to come home to our apartment and was suprised that everything stayed on the walls... we did have some issues with stuff falling off of our entertainment center though... mainly candles and holders (which broke) :(  and my plaque that mom made me that says "FAMILIES we may not have it all together but together we have it all"   fell and broke everywhere... also sorta scratched up the entertainment center a little (opps!) Besides that just little things knocked over like picture frames, stuff off medicine cabinets and things in cupboards.  So all in all I survived just fine!

4 comments:

The Curnow Family said...

That's crazy! No one told me about it! Travis is here for a few days or however long so he was like, "so I hear you're home town got a little shaken up." and I was like, "what are you talking about?" and then he told me about the earth quake! I couldn't believe it!
oh and ps... why isn't my name on your little side thing! ADD ME!!!

Shannon said...

I love that Mel totally missed the news of the quake. That's kind of funny. Anyway, I'm sorry that you didn't get a good story to tell, but at least you weren't in the apartment directly underneath that tile. They are freaking heavy. . . you might have died.

Anonymous said...

Jules, just checking in. Are you O.K. since I last talked to you since the quake??

Love, Mom

Amy said...

I was in the car while the earth quake happened to. O well.