Monday, July 19, 2010

Seaworld

Friday morning my mom, Paige, Aunt Cindy and I all drove down to san diego to spend the day at the Sea World. Months ago, somehow Sea World came up in conversation at my grandma's birthday dinner, Paige and I made our moms pinky swear they would take up this summer. It was a fun outing and I enjoyed the day with everyone.
We got there right when it opened at nine. We first checked out the polar bear exhibit (which might have been poor planning cuz it got hot that day and this exhibit was one of the cooler places to go) There was a ride you can take that was very similar to the star trek ride at disneyland. We ended up with a bunch of day care kids who screamed at the top of their lungs the whole time. it was actually pretty funny. you would think the world was ending or something. haha it didnt help that Paige thought she could out scream all the kids, (which she could and proved it to them the whole time!)
The polar bear exhibit was fun, they had an ice wall where people had pushed pennies into the ice, so we tried it too!
After the polar bear exhibit we went and saw the penguins, then headed over to the dolphin show. This show was probably my favorite. First, i love dolphins and think the stuff they do is amazing! Second, this new show incorporated acrobatic tricks and dives done by people. It mixed it up a bit and was definitely entertaining. after that we pretty much went straight to the Shamu show. This one was not my favorite. Maybe even my least favorite. It was SUPER hot and crowded, and it was a lot slower then i remember as a kid. Maybe i am just harder to impress in my old age ;)
After Shamu we were all ready for lunch. we all split club sandwiches and jello at mango joes and sat outside in the shade. It was soo nice with the breeze, so we sat for awhile chatting and enjoying the day. After lunch we went to the Sea Lion show. (SLL-Sea Lions Live) the preshow was my favorite part. Some guy came out and was messing around with the crowd. Then we pretended to watch Tv and kept changing the channel, everytime he would a different theme song would play. everyone would sing along while he did some silly dance. super cute. Paige was soo happy after, I think it was her favorite. When we walked out the flamingos were right in front of us. There was "flamingo" food you could buy for 50 cents, but after trying to feed the flamingos i think it was more for the ducks.
Paige and I were trying to waste a lot of time at the tide pools cuz the water was soo cold and it felt so good!!
check out our necklaces, we all got one. It is a wooden whales tale. It was part of the shamu show. they gave one away to a little girl during the show. me and paige were jealous until we realized we could just buy one!
These were shamu hats, kinda like santa hats but with fins.

The rest of the day was good. We went through the shark encounter, which brought back memories of being in girl scouts and spending the night there. At the end of the shark encounter there was a huge shark jaw with all the teeth, Paige wanted to touch a tooth, so reached in to feel it. An alarm went off! She bolted and i just pointed at her. so funny! Last We saw the cirque del mar show which i had mixed feelings about. The acrobatic stuff was amazing but i hated the pre show and the clowns. We were basically done after that so headed back towards the car, but not before we stopped and got some dippin' dots!

It was a very fun day! I have become very close with my cousin Paige over the past couple years and she really makes me laugh. Glad we were able to make it to Sea World.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun! I don't know how well my kids would do with sitting at all those shows, but that is a lot of what they do at Sea World I guess. I love the whale tail necklaces too. Very fun souvenier(sp?)!

elizabeth said...

I love the first picture of us all in the dark ;-) But a great shot of the polar bear!! It was a very fun day. We'll have to come up with another Paige/Jules mother/daughter outing. Thanks for posting the blog!!

Carly said...

Um... HELLO!! I'm a little bit jealous. You guys ROCK. That looks like so much fun. I'm (honestly, sadly?) a little surprised you talked our moms into it. But way to go! SO FUN. I love the necklaces too :)

sara said...

WOw, how cool you guys got to go to Seaworld with my mom and paige. Looks like you guys rocked the place. Those whale necklaces looked pretty awesome. I'm going to make Paige wear hers this weekend when I'm home. hehee.

Whitney and Blake said...

So much fun! I love Sea World! I seriously never get sick of it :)

Tasha said...

I love that you two did this and got the moms to go with you! :) I know you got some nice sunburns to go along with the fun too :) You guys are seriously so grate. Too bad you went on a family vacation the same weekend as Chad's homecoming. I was hoping to see you!! Love you Jules.