Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Party

So last night we had High Valley's Christmas Party.  Since us 3 girls in the office are in charge of planning it, it was a big deal.  We were busy yesterday running errands, setting up, partying, then unsetting.  My job after work was to pick up the cakes.  (11 GORGEOUS cakes from beverly's best) Anyway while I was carrying one cake to the car my boob smudged against the frosting of one.  So there i was, time to go set up for the party with maroon frosting on the boob of my white jacket.  nice.  But luckily we live close so i was able to call mom and dad and they brought me another shirt.  

Anyway so the party started at 6, people gathered and ate appetizers.  Around 6:45 we started eating (we had lucilles BBQ cater the event) That took awhile, people ate and chatted.  Mom and Dad were my date and I introduced them to most of the estimators and foremen that I work with.  After we passed out presents to the guys... and us :)  From my bosses I got a Christmas bonus and a new camera... which means you'll start seeing a lot more pictures up on here!  Then Amy and Amanda and I exchanged our gifts.  Everyone had cake then chatted awhile and left.  Then it was clean up for us girls...  haha  there was TONS of leftover food which we divided up among us and the office.  and pretty much a cake left for everyone.  

Today at work Amy was talking about wanting to get tickets to the Garth Brooks concert in January but its completely sold out.  She wants me and her to go.  She's been looking online, but we also get Suite tickets to concerts and shows at the Staples Center from one of our suppliers.  Shirley from Vulcan (the company with the tickets) happen to call this morning so Amy mentioned the Garth Brooks concert.  Shirley wasn't sure if there was any for that concert but she did have two tickets in the suite for the Dancing with the Stars Tour concert.  Amy told her me and amanda would be interested so Shirley put our names on the tickets!!  I am soo excited!  December 29th!   Anyway thats all my excitement for now!   Hope everyone's holiday season is going well!  

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww . . . sounds like a fun party. I always like hearing a boob story too, so cool! :) I'm jealous of all your company perks; what a great job. I love you!

joyous said...

I hate you!!! That's unbelievable! You are a lucky duck. Anyway, Mom said she and Dad had a good time at the party and enjoyed meeting everyone there. She was getting more ideas for Mel's wedding too. I said, "Have Lucille's for the luncheon!!" But, I'm glad it all went well. Jim's party is soon, hopefully that goes well too!

sara said...

Hey Jules! I didn't know you had a blog! Awesome. I love keeping up with you and your sisters (a shout out to Joy and Shannon too!) now that you're on the blog. Love you!

Tasha said...

NO STINKIN WAY!!! I am totally jealous you get to go see Dancing with the Stars concert! LUCKY GIRL!! I totally followed them this year. Oh, you are just so lucky!! I really don't think you should leave this job. It sounds too good to be true!!

About your Christmas Party . . . WAY TO GO! It sounded like a huge success and a lot of fun too. You are amazing Juliana!